Monday, October 13, 2008
Get a Sunforce Wind Generator here!
With rising electricity costs and the price of a barrel of oil shooting up again with gasoline prices to follow, many mainstream people (not just treehuggers) are now looking for wind generator plans to help power their homes. While the Pickens Plan may be a noble effort in offering renewable energy to the masses, this is still a case of big utility companies with new packaging selling electricity to homes and businesses to make a hefty profit.
A more ideal solution is for residents to take matters into their own hands, get a hold of a quality set of wind generator plans so that they can cheaply and effectively use air power to generate electricity. For those who aren’t quite the McGyver do-it-yourselfers then buying a residential wind turbine mostly prebuilt, as I have talked about before, may just be what you need.
One aspect that many homeowners usually don’t consider when thinking about adding wind power or solar energy to their homes is the local zoning ordinances. Local governments such as the one in Manitowoc County need to catch up and make it easy for homeowners to install wind turbines on their homes.
Many people also go by the assumption that building a wind generator from scratch is either too time consuming or too expensive. But, there are some wind generator plans available that are easy and quick to build, cheap and works for years. This can also be a fun home project and educational experience if you have kids.
Shared energy is a very democratic idea. Free energy is something people have dreamed about for centuries. Empowering yourself and your family with wind power now may just be the most productive move you’ve made in a long while.
Free Sunforce Wind Generator here
Monday, October 6, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Get a free Dyson DC-07 here!!
Dyson Appliances of James Dyson make a range of high-powered domestic vacuum cleaners. It offers a wide range of products. For 92 years, everyone accepted that vacuum cleaners lost suction quickly, but James Dyson thought that was ridiculous and there had to be a better way. James Dyson’s brilliant design skills have made his company one of the most successful businesses in recent years.
Today, Dyson is a world leader in innovative vacuum cleaner technology. James and his team believe in not only making products that look good, but work properly.
Dyson’s Radix Cyclone™ technology removes more dust. Like a cyclone in nature, a Dyson Cyclone spins the air at very high speeds. In fact it spins the air so fast that dirt, dust and debris, even microscopic particles are thrown from the airflow and collected in the bin. The air expelled from a Dyson has up to 150 times less bacteria and mould than the air you breathe.Dyson vacuums are also approved by the British Allergy Foundation and are one of the best vacuum cleaner makers in the market.
Oreck Corporation offers cleaning products including air purifiers, carpet steemer, and canister and upright vacuum cleaners for carpeting, laminate, tile, and hardwood floors. David Oreck founded the Oreck Corporation in the United States in 1963.
Oreck Corporation began as a company manufacturing upright vacuum cleaners for the hotel industry in the U.S. The concept was to design a lightweight yet powerful and durable vacuum that hotel housekeepers would prefer to the very heavy models available to them. The idea proved so successful that now over 50,000 hotels throughout the world use Oreck vacuums.Oreck now sells throughout North America and South America, as well as in Europe and Asia. It has the reputation of being the maker of the very finest cleaning equipment available anywhere. It concentrates on lightweight cleaning machines of every style, each model having exceptional durability and ease of handling.
Eureka is the maker of homecare products, from high-powered uprights, to wet and dry vacs, to handvacs, and more. According to company legend, when Fred Wardell founded the company, he felt that the term “Eureka” symbolized a company that would create innovative products that would have an impact on the world.
Today, the Eureka brand continues to be recognized as one of the top vacuum cleaners in the world. Eureka products are for sale throughout North America and in 44 other nations. Today, the company concentrates exclusively on manufacturing and distributing more than 130 different models of vacuum cleaners and other home and commercial cleaning products.The company has four brands: Eureka, Electrolux, Sanitaire and Beam. As a full-line company, Eureka offers uprights, including those with attachments; canisters, hand-held vacuums, home built-in systems, stick vacuums, battery-powered vacuum cleaners, wet-dry vacs, steam cleaners and home cleaning systems. Eureka also manufactures and offers original and replacement parts, including bags, belts, and filters for the models it manufactures.
Bissell offers vacuum cleaners, carpet sweepers, and deep cleaners. Since 1876, Bissell has spent years developing cleaning tools and formulas designed to keep the living environment up to the highest standards. The BissellCarpet Sweeper was patented in 1876, and in 1883 the first Bissell manufacturing plant was built in Grand Rapids, Michigan. As lifestyles changed, the company expanded beyond the carpet sweeper and introduced additional products that helped people clean better while saving time. It made deep cleaning (once the exclusive domain of commercial providers) available to everyone, including current carpet deep cleaners that feature a built-in heater to optimize performance.
Additionally, Bissell acquired the Woolite® Carpet and Upholstery business, which includes its renowned line of carpet cleaning products.
5. Dirt Devil
DirtDevil offers a wide range of uprights, hand vacuums, stick vacuums, canister vacuums, and carpet shampooers. Dirt Devil upright vacuum cleaners are among the most full-featured vacuums available for any size cleaning task. Hard Surface Cleaners and Cleaning Solutions are up to cleaning the most demanding floors including but not limited to wood, tile, or linoleum.
Canister vacuum cleaners and bagless canister vacuums are a favorite of people with both carpeted and hard-surface floors, as well as people who don't like to push around a full-size upright vacuum cleaner. Stick vacuum cleaners or vacuum brooms as they are often referred, are the answer to the need of powerful cleaning ability in a small vacuum cleaner package.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I was looking for cat toys online and found this list. Here's a link to a free cat scratch post too!
1. Laser Light - The laser light is by far our favorite toy, and our humans like playing with it, too! We spend an hour every evening playing, “Chase the Fairy.” This is a great little bargain at about $7.99, too! Every cat should have one.
2. Turbo Scratcher - Number two most favorite toy is the Turbo Scratcher. This has a durable, hard plastic ring with a ball that can’t escape (and rolls REALLY fast) and a refillable cardboard scratching center. Every feline from kitten to mature cat loves this toy! These are only about $11.99 and worth every cent.
3. Kitty Tunnel - This toy barely ranks below the Turbo Scratcher. We love our Kitty Tunnel! It’s good for chasing and hunting and hiding and rolling and napping. It’s a great thing! $22.99 is a little on the high end, but that’s for a fancy expanding one. And we would still want it even if mom had to spend a little more. Kitty tents, by the way, aren't as great because they collapse on us.
4. Kitty Kat Circus - We kittens really dig this toy and can spend lots of time being entertained by it. Our older brothers and sisters weren’t so impressed. This one is $24.99, but it is pretty durable and can be taken apart easily and put away if needed.
5. Peek-a-prize Toy Box - This is a square box with lots of paw-sized holes stuffed with kitty toys. It is a wonderful toy that keeps us busy. It comes in different sizes, starting at $24.99 and is cool enough to splurge on the price.
6. Race and Chase - This has a mouse inside a durable plastic wheel. The mouse is so hard to get, but we love chasing him anyway! This is a reasonably priced toy at around $12.99
7. Boxes and Baskets - There's nothing better than a cardboard box, and they are completely free! We also like baskets in all shapes and sizes, though.
8. Catnip Mice - Still an all-time favorite, they must be on our list because no kitty can be happy without catnip mice. If they have feathers on them, they’re even better!
9. Feathers on string - Feathers on anything!
10. Balls - Fuzzy balls, jingly balls, little balls, big balls, we love balls! Our favorite are an orange, rattling tennis ball by 9-lives.
Free cat scratch post here!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Summer is now officially over, but my husband Clive and I still like to enjoy homemade frozen drinks. Here is a list of the Top 10 Frozen Drinks. I also found this link to a free margarita maker!
1. The Frozen "Texas Twister"
Do it up in larger-than-life style with this frozen margarita that'll cool those hot spots.
2. Frozen Margie-Cadorita
Avocado makes it creamy and delicious; don't forget the chips.
3. Frozen Hurricane (N'Awlins Style)
Here's a tribute to the Bayou State that's "big" on rum and "easy" to make.
4. Amazing Grace
It's coconut, rum and pineapple juice. What could be more inspirational?
5. Frozen Irish Banana
Once you taste this Caribbean escape, you'll go "bananas."
6. Frozen Waterberry Batida
Take a sip and listen for a bossa nova band playing gently in the breeze.
7. Arturo's Positively Frozen Positano
You don't have to be under the Tuscan sun to enjoy this tequila drink with a Campari twist.
8. Frozen Mint Julep
You can party with these babies until the belles freeze over.
9. Caf'Cino Freeze
Here's a cup of summer morning joe you won't soon forget.
10. The Steve-O-3-O Fav-O-Freeze
This taste experience will take you back to the sweet, sunny days of Creamsicles.
Recipes found here.
Free frozen drink maker here!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Decide for yourself!
Free Enfamil here!
Free Similac here!
The debate continues: to bottle feed your baby Enfamil or Similac infant formula? Well, in the hope of making this decision easier, let's take a look at what both products offer.
Mothers about to give birth have a tough decision to make: to breastfeed or bottle feed? Mothers who choose to bottle feed face another difficult decision: what infant formula to use? Enfamil and Similac are both firmly placed as being amongst the best, top-rated brands of infant formula available today. But is one better than the other?
Well, the above question is a little meaningless as both manufacturers make different types of infant formula. Enfamil make Enfamil LIPIL - this contains DRA and AHA; Enfamil LIPIL Gentlease - contains reduced lactose for babies with a lactose intolerance; Nutramigen LIPIL - designed for babies with hypoallergenic formula designed for babies with cow's milk protein allergy symptoms such as colic, rash, and diarrhea; Enfamil ProSobee - a soy-based infant formula; Enfamil Premature LIPIL - designed specifically for feeding rapidly growing premature and low birth weight infants; Enfamil with Iron, the list goes on. Likewise, Similac makes many different types of baby formula;
Similac Advance - contains DRA and AHA; Similac Organic - certified USDA Organic and uses cow's milk produced without the use of growth hormones; Similac Isomil Advance - soy based infant formula; Similac Lactose-Free Advance - specially formulated for babies with lactose intolerance; Similac NeoSure Formula - helps meet the nutritional needs of premature and low-birth weight babies; the list goes on.
Therefore one should compare like with like. However, most parents, who bottle feed using Enfamil or Similac, will use Enfamil LIPIL or Similac Advance.
Why Enfamil is better?
Enfamil does contain more levels of DHA and AHA than does Similac; about 17mg compared to around 11mg. Many parents have noted that Enfamil doesn't pack like Similac, which takes the guesswork out of whether you've sifted the powder correctly before scooping. Finally, Enfamil is cheaper than Similac.
Why Similac is better?
Enfamil formula is made using palm olein oil; Similac does not. One study suggests that formulas with a fat blend including palm olein oil (e.g., Enfamil, Prosobee) cause less frequent and firmer stools. Similac claim that their infant formula provides 50% more calcium absorption than Enfamil. They also claim that their new, improved formula has fewer bubbles and therefore makes babies less gassy. Finally, Similac claim that switching to Similac Isomil Advance will reduce fussiness, gas and spit-up in most babies in about 3 days.
Many parents complain that the brand of infant formula they're using causes constipation, gassiness, spit-up and colic in their baby. Often times switching brands eases the condition; often times it doesn't. Usually, it is choosing a different type of milk formula which is specifically made for the condition that eases the baby's discomfort. Unfortunately, the debate as to whether Similac or Enfamil causes adverse reactions for babies is contradictory and often quite heated. One camp will give a big thumbs up for Enfamil, whereas the other camp will rave about the benefits of Similac. Sadly, doctors and hospitals can fail to give guidance, as many are under contract to supply one brand or the other - hardly independent advice.
Whichever brand you choose, be it Similac or Enfamil or some other, you can rest assured that it has been passed safe by the FDA. All brands for sale contain all the nutrients that your child needs for healthy development. If your baby is perfectly happy with the infant formula you are using, then stick with it. But if not, then by all means change brands, but first try to ascertain what might be causing your child's discomfort and select the right type of infant formula that will relieve the symptoms.
Free Enfamil here!
Free Similac here!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wow, I can't believe I found this!
We don't have a pool in our backyard and I was talking to my husband about pools the other day. Granted, summer is just about over - but maybe we'll install one next year. I searched online and found this great pool for FREE. This has to be a $1000+ item but they are offering it for free.
I'm going to fill out the info later tonight. If it gets here soon enough, we'll probably install it right away. It might be getting a little cold outside to use it now, but its perfect for next summer. My kids will be so happy!
Don't we wish these pools would have been on the market when we were kids! These pools put the plastic pools from my childhood to shame.
But there IS a little more to setting them up then tossing in the hose. Just follow your pools directions, but keep these tips in mind too.
1. Put down a layer of level sand under your tarp or ground cloth to make it more stable and resistant to tears.
2. Place the filter in a corner area of your square ground cloth so it is more likely to remain upright and away from the mower.
3. Your filter has to plug in, be sure and use a bright colored extension cord to eliminate trips and falls.
4. Always have a patch kit or two on hand, they do work well but you may lose a lot of water if you have to run to the store when and if you need one.
5. Get as many wrinkles out of the liner as possible starting with the middle.
6. Add the water slowly until all the wrinkles have been smoothed out. Too much water makes it hard, if not impossible, to work out the wrinkles.
7. Double check to make sure the drain plug is in.
8. Double check to make sure your pump hoses are secure and burp the air out of the pump before you plug it in.
9. Read the chemical labels and learn what to add when. It really isn't that hard if you consistently take care of it.
10. Have Fun!! Be sure and supervise your children carefully and to keep the chemicals out of reach. Also remember that pool covers are meant to keep debris out of the pool and are not meant as a safety device to keep children safe. That is your job, you will be the lifeguard always on duty with a pool in the yard.
Free Aruba Pool here!